- 150g (3/4 cup) Basmati rice
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 2 x 185g cans Sole Mare Tuna in Olive Oil Chunk Style, flaked, oil reserved
- 1 x 250g punnet trussed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Step 1Cook the rice in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until cooked. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the corn cobs in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain. Use a sharp knife to cut down the length of the corn cobs, close to the core, to remove the kernels.
- Step 3Combine the rice, corn, tuna, reserved oil, tomato, dill and lemon rind in a large bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil in a small jug. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Pour the lemon mixture over the rice salad and toss until well combined. Serve immediately.
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Zoi Condos
- Publication: Australian Good Taste