- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek (white part only), thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 200ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 x 200g yellowfin tuna fillets
- 1 cup (50g) panko breadcrumbs (see Notes)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Step 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Cook leek, carrot and celery for 10 minutes, stirring, until softened. Add tomato, beans and stock and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes until slightly reduced, then stir in mustard.
- Step 2Preheat the oven to 200C. Lightly oil 4 individual baking dishes or ramekins.
- Step 3Heat a lightly oiled pan over high heat. Sear tuna for 1 minute each side. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Layer beans, then tuna, then more beans in the dishes.
- Step 4Lightly mix panko, garlic, parsley and 1 tablespoon oil, then scatter on top. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve with a salad.
- High fibre
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Japanese breadcrumbs, from Asian food shops. Substitute dry breadcrumbs.
- Author: Jill Dupleix
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste.com.au