- 375g dried large shell pasta (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broad beans
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 425g can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Step 2Prepare beans following packet directions.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli, if using. Cook for 1 minute. Add tuna, broad beans and lemon juice. Cook for 1 minute or until combined.
- Step 4Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid and lemon zest to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, for 1 to 2 minutes or until combined and heated through. Sprinkle with parmesan. Serve.
- Low carb
You could use any short pasta, such as penne, farfalle or spirals. This dish is also delicious as a cold pasta salad.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas