- 400g dried spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted, quartered
- 1/3 cup bought sun-dried tomato pesto (see Notes)
- 425g can tuna chunks in springwater, drained, flaked
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 7 to 8 minutes or until soft.
- Step 3Drain pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking water. Return pasta and reserved water to saucepan.
- Step 4Add onion mixture, olives, pesto and lemon juice to pasta. Toss over low heat for 1 minute.
- Step 5Add tuna and rocket to pasta. Toss over low heat until rocket just starts to wilt. Season with pepper. Serve.
- Low sugar
Note: Look for sun-dried tomato pesto near the pasta sauces or in the deli section of the supermarket. To make your own, process or blend 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, 1 crushed garlic clove, 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, 1/4 cup grated parmesan and 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas