- 500g penne rigate
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 120g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup light evaporated milk
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in olive oil, Chunk Style
- 1/2 cup grated light mozzarella cheese
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and celery. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion is soft. Add tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach, pesto and milk. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach just wilts. Add pasta to pan with tuna (undrained). Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Step 3Spoon mixture into an 8 cup-capacity ceramic baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Super Food Ideas