- 375g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 425g can tuna in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Lemon zest, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta following packet directions.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs, garlic, thyme and parsley. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.
- Step 3Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Return to saucepan.
- Step 4Drain tuna, reserving 1/4 cup of the oil. Add tuna, reserved oil, capers, avocado, lemon juice and reserved cooking water to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with crumb mixture and top with lemon zest and extra thyme leaves. Serve.
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas