- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g packet tortellini pasta (see note)
- 1 cup cream
- 250g bocconcini, halved (see note)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- small sage leaves, extra, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Place pumpkin, sage, garlic, oil, and salt and pepper into a large roasting pan. Toss well to combine. Roast for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Step 2Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 3Combine pumpkin mixture, cream, bocconcini, parmesan, pasta, and salt and pepper in a 5cm deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) ovenproof baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbling and golden. Sprinkle with extra sage leaves. Serve.
- Low carb
We used spinach and ricotta tortellini, but you could use any kind of tortellini. Look for it with the fresh pastas in the refrigerated section of your supermarket. Bocconcini are small nuggets of mozzarella.
- Author: Louise Pickford
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas