- 200g thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 x 625g pkt fresh ham and cheese tortellini
- 300g (2 cups) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 x 150g pkt baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 200g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the prosciutto, in a single layer, on a baking tray. Bake in oven for 8 minutes or until crisp. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Break into large pieces.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the tortellini in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Add the peas in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Step 3Add the prosciutto, spinach and dill to the pasta mixture and toss to combine.
- Step 4To make the red-wine vinaigrette, whisk together the oil, vinegar and mustard in a medium bowl until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5Add the dressing and the ricotta to the pasta mixture and gently toss until just combined. Divide among serving plates and season with pepper to serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
To stop your mixing bowl sliding around the bench when you whisk together the red-wine vinaigrette ingredients, place it on a tea towel or damp cloth.
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste