- 375g tortellini
- 25g butter
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 125g shortcut bacon, chopped
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 200g button mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Step 2Melt butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon, onion, mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add white win and simmer for 1 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Step 3Stir in cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens. Add parsley, parmesan, pasta and reserved cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas