Author Notes: Quick and easy soup for light, weeknight dinners or cold, winter evenings. Love serving this with a side salad and fresh baguette for a complete meal. —Lillian Hughes
cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
9 oz. package
cheese-filled tortellini (frozen or boxed)
15 oz. can
cannellini beans, drained
16 oz. can
cup shredded fresh basil (or 2 tsp. dried)
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
teaspoon fresh ground pepper
cup fresh grated parmesan
- Bring broth to boil in large pot.
- Add tortellini and cook 6 to 10 minutes until tender.
- Stir in beans and tomatoes, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in basil, vinegar and salt.
- Ladle into bowls, and sprinkle with cheese and fresh pepper.
Photo by http://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/slow-cooker-tomato-basil-parmesan-tortellini-soup/