- 1L (4 cups) water
- 170g (1 cup) instant polenta (cornmeal)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1kg green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 x 700g btl passata (tomato pasta sauce) (see note)
- 400g green round beans, trimmed
- Step 1Bring water to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Gradually add the polenta, whisking until incorporated. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 12-15 minutes or until the polenta is soft and creamy.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the prawns for 2 minutes or until prawns just change colour. Stir in the passata. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until prawns are cooked and the sauce is heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3While the prawns are cooking, cook the beans in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp.
- Step 4Divide polenta among serving bowls. Top with the prawn mixture and beans.
If you want this recipe to be gluten free, make sure you use gluten-free passata.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste