- 185g (1 1/4 cups) macaroni
- 50g reduced-fat dairy spread (Devondale brand)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 350g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 (about 300g) large zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 x 400g can diced Italian tomatoes, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1Preheat oven to 230°C. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until al dente. Drain. Return to pan with half the dairy spread and 1/4 cup of parsley.
- Step 2Combine flour and 250g of feta in a saucepan. Stir in milk and remaining dairy spread. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until smooth. Stir in oregano.
- Step 3Kid’s task: Place half the pasta mixture in a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Top with half the zucchini, then half the tomato. Repeat. Pour over sauce and sprinkle with the remaining feta.
- Step 4Bake, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Top with remaining parsley and pepper.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste