- 375g linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 long red chillies, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups Fresh tomato sauce (see related recipe)
- 1/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Fresh baby basil leaves, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep-frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, chilli and thyme. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Step 3Add pasta to pan with reserved cooking liquid, olives and basil. Toss gently for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve topped with parmesan and basil.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas