- 375g penne rigate
- 400g punnet tomato medley mix
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 180g tub bocconcini cheese, drained, torn
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cut half the tomatoes in half. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until just starting to collapse. Add vinegar, sugar and remaining oil. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Add basil, cheese and pasta to tomato mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas