- 400g fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g grape tomatoes (we used red and yellow), halved lengthways
- 100g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 40g shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until tomatoes start to collapse. Add spinach. Remove pan from heat. Add basil and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Drain pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking water. Return pasta and cooking water to the saucepan. Add tomato mixture. Toss over low heat until heated through. Divide among bowls. Top with parmesan and serve.
- High carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Sun
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas