- 375g fettuccine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 125g shortcut rindless bacon, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and crisp. Add onion. Cook for 1 minute or until tender.
- Step 3Add bacon mixture, tomato, ricotta and remaining oil to pasta. Toss over low heat to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Top with basil leaves. Serve with bread.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Liz Moran
- Image credit: Cath Muscat & Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas