- 8 beef sausages
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 3 teaspoons sundried tomato pesto
- 800g can diced Italian tomatoes
- Sweet potato mash, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Step 1Preheat grill on medium heat. Prick each sausage with a fork 3 times. Place sausages onto grill tray. Grill, turning twice, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Using a serrated knife, slice sausages diagonally into 1.5cm-thick pieces.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Step 3Add curry powder and pesto to saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, sausages, and salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Step 4Serve sausages with kumara mash and steamed green beans.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: O'Callaghan Family, Vic (reader recipe)
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas