- 300g hokkien noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 350g Blue Lotus Foods sweet chilli tofu nuggets
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into thick matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 125g baby corn, halved diagonally
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 5 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- Step 1Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until separated and tender. Drain well.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add the tofu and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until light golden and heated through. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Step 3Heat the remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Add the carrot, capsicum and corn and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the stock and cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Step 4Return the tofu to the wok along with the noodles, sweet chilli sauce, kecap manis and green shallot, and stir-fry for 1 minute or until well combined and heated through. Divide among serving bowls and serve immediately.
When making a vegetarian stir-fry, always select firm tofu – as opposed to the silken variety – as it will retain its shape during the rapid cooking process.
- Author: Kerrie Sun
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Australian Good Taste