- 250g Thai-style rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or olive oil
- 300g firm tofu, drained, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 shallots, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup bean shoots
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- Chopped peanuts, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5-10 minutes. Loosen the noodles with a fork. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the tofu. Cook for 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden. Transfer the tofu to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Step 3Pour the eggs into the pan. Lightly scramble for 30 seconds until just cooked. Remove and set aside. Heat the remaining oil. Add the shallots, garlic and chilli. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Step 4Combine the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Add to the pan along with the noodles, tofu, egg and bean shoots. Toss until combined and heated through. Toss the coriander leaves through. Divide among serving bowls. Top with cucumber and nuts and serve with lime.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Gemma Purcell & Kim Meredith
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Fresh Living