2600 kj Energy
28g Fat Total
5.5g Saturated Fat
76g Carbs (total)
Tobie Puttocks Quick-kick SpaghettiPrint Recipe
- 400g spaghetti
- 80ml-125ml (1/3 cup-1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 3-6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-2 long fresh red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 3 drained anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh continental parsley, leaves picked and chopped, stems chopped
- Sourdough bread, toasted, coarsely torn, to serve
- Finely grated pecorino, to serve
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook the garlic for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in the chilli, anchovy and parsley stems for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Remove from heat.
Add the spaghetti, parsley leaves and a handful of breadcrumbs to the pan. Season. Toss until well combined. Top with pecorino.
Author: Tobie Puttock
Image credit: Jeremy Simons
Publication: Australian Good Taste