Author Notes: How to toast and skin hazelnuts in 5 minutes. —HeatherPierceG
Makes: 1 cup
cup raw hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 cup of raw hazelnuts on a dry baking sheet.
- Roast hazelnuts in the oven for about 5 minutes until skins turn dark and start to blister.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, then pick up all the nuts in a clean kitchen towel.
- Wrap the nuts in the towel and rub your hands together for about 10 seconds — all the skins should just rub right off!
- Enjoy whole as a snack or roughly chop the hazelnuts to enjoy on top of salads, veggie side dishes, oatmeal, or yogurt all week!