- 375g packet fresh lasagne sheets
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 20g butter
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 80g gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese
- Step 1Using a sharp knife, cut lasagne sheets into 3cm-wide strips.
- Step 2Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Step 3Meanwhile, remove thyme leaves from sprigs, reserving any flowers (see note). Melt butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add thyme. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Reduce heat to low. Add mascarpone. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Stir in gorgonzola and parmesan. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted. Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid. Toss for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Divide pasta between plates. Serve, sprinkled with reserved thyme flowers.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Cook’s note: Reserve 2 teaspoons thyme sprigs if you don’t have flowers.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Andrew Young & Sam McAdam
- Publication: Super Food Ideas