- 4 (150g each) chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- Rice bran oil, for shallow frying
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, rinsed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Step 1Cut each chicken breast in half crossways. Place 1 chicken piece between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound until 5mm thick. Place flour on a plate. Lightly whisk egg and milk in a shallow bowl. Combine cheeses and breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Step 2Lightly coat 1 piece of chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture then breadcrumb mixture. Dip in egg mixture then breadcrumb mixture again to double coat. Place on a large plate. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces, flour, egg mixture and breadcrumb mixture.
- Step 3Pour oil into a heavy-based frying pan to cover base. Heat over medium heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Step 4Make caper mayonnaise: Combine mayonnaise, capers, parsley and 1 tablespoon hot water in a bowl. Season with pepper.
- Step 5Serve chicken with caper mayonnaise.
- Low carb
You can freeze uncooked schnitzels. Place in separate snap-lock bags at the end of step 2. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas