Author Notes: Based on Oh She Glows’ Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter with hemp, flax, and chia seeds. Talk about a major BOOST in protein and fiber! I’ve made batches of this every Christmas, on request, and prepared them in individual mason jars. They are the perfect DIY gift for any occasion. All you need is a good food processor (or Vitamix) and you’re done in just a few minutes! Good on everything from your morning toast, figs, dates, bananas, on scones, homemade almond butter cups, or just by the spoonful! —Stacy
Makes: 1 1/4 cup
cups raw almonds
tablespoons golden flax seeds
tablespoons hemp seeds
tablespoons chia seeds
tablespoons maple syrup (grade B)
teaspoon (scant) cinnamon
teaspoons sea salt
teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. In a large bowl mix the first 4 ingredients until well incorporated. Spread almond mixture on the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to get all the goodness out of the bowl. Stir half way through baking.
- Remove from oven and let it cool slightly. Place everything into the food processor, strapping down the sides every few minutes. The chia seeds help to create that creamy consistency. Once it starts looking molten-like, add the cinnamon, sea salt, and vanilla extract until combined.
- If you like crunchy almond butter, and a handful of crushed roasted almonds at the end and stir to incorporate.
Place in mason jars or any tightly sealed, airtight jars. For storing:
1. Refrigerator: Keeps for up to 3 months
2. Freezer: Keeps for up to 4 months
3. Shelf storage: Keeps for 1-2 weeks
Although it may not last that long!
1 of 2
2 of 2