Author Notes: Fluffy and delicious sub rolls from scratch. Dough is made in a stand mixer, or bread maker, then cut into strips, buttered, and baked! —Dash of Amy
Prep time: 1 hrs 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
cup organic half and half
tablespoon olive oil
cup organic corn meal
tablespoons softened butter to spread on the top of the dough
- Place ingredients in a stand mixer (except the butter going on the top of rolls), turn to setting #2, and allow to knead for 8 minutes.
- Remove the dough, spray the mixing bowl with cooking spray, shape the dough into a neat ball, and place back in the bowl.
- Allow dough to rise for one hour.
- Sprinkle work area with corn meal, and pull dough out carefully and coat both sides with corn meal pressing it down.
- Cut into 7-8 strips and shape into sub rolls rounding the edges. Place on a baking sheet.
- Cut 3-4 diagonal slits in each roll. Let the dough rise another 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400* for 20 minutes.
Photo by Dash of Amy