Author Notes: We make guacamole weekly in my house. It’s the most rewarding, healthy snack to dive into when you have a craving and it makes everything from plain brown rice cakes to tacos night a flavorful experience! —Oat&Sesame
pint quartered cherry tomatoes (about 1 cup)
cups diced onion
small limes, juiced
teaspoon coarse sea salt, more to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
ripe avocados, cut in to large chunks
medium-large jalapeño, finely diced
cup chopped cilantro, stems and leaves
- Dice onion and place in a small bowl with lime juice, 1 tsp salt and pepper. Toss and let sit for 15 minutes. This helps tame the onion flavor.
- Place quartered tomatoes in a small bowl. Sprinkle with sea salt. Toss and set aside.
- After onions have rested, combine them with all ingredients except tomatoes and cilantro.
- Using a fork, mix and mash until you reach desired consistency.
- Drain any juice from bowl of tomatoes and gently mix into the guacamole with the cilantro.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Photo by Oat&Sesame