- 500g Steggles turkey mince
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- Extra kecap manis, to serve
- Thinly sliced green onion, to serve
- Coriander, to serve
- Step 1Combine turkey, ginger, onion, kaffir lime leaves, coriander, kecap manis and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Using 1/4 cup mixture at a time, shape mixture into 8 patties. Place on a plate.
- Step 2Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 8 to 10 minutes or until noodles soften. Separate noodles with a fork. Drain.
- Step 3Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add turkey patties. Cook for 5 minutes each side or until browned lightly and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 4Wipe pan clean with paper towel. Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Using 1/2 cup noodles at a time, shape into nests. Add to pan. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until noodles hold together.
- Step 5Place noodles on serving plates. Top with patties, carrot and cucumber. Serve with extra kecap manis, green onion and coriander.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas