- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 750g orange sweet potato, peeled, diced
- 3/4 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 3 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Step 1Spray a large, heavy-based saucepan with oil. Heat over medium-low heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add ginger and curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Step 2Add sweet potato, lentils, stock and 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until potato and lentils are soft. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Process until smooth.
- Step 3Return mixture to pan over low heat. Add lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve topped with coriander.
- High fibre
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas