- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2-4 teaspoons red curry paste
- 3 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1.3kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 20 green prawns, peeled, leaving tails intact
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Step 2Stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Add the pumpkin and lime leaves. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Step 3Transfer half the pumpkin soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer the soup to a clean saucepan.
- Step 4Repeat with the remaining pumpkin mixture. Place over low heat and add the coconut milk. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 5Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until they curl and change colour. Ladle the soup into shallow bowls. Top with the prawns and coriander and serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Southan, Food editor – Australian Good Taste
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste.com.au