- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons laksa paste
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves*, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500ml) fish stock or water
- 8 large green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 1 carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 12 snow peas
- Juice of 1 small lime
- Steamed rice or cooked rice noodles (optional), to serve
- Step 1Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the laksa paste and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves and stock, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the prawns and carrot and simmer for a further 3 minutes. Add the snow peas and cook for a further minute or until the prawns are cooked through.
- Step 2Serve immediately, with lime juice to taste and rice or noodles if desired.
* From greengrocers and Asian shops.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Catherine Sutherland
- Publication: Taste.com.au