Thai pork stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g pork mince
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free massaman curry paste (see note)
- 100g green beans, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves (see note)
- Cooked thin rice noodles, to serve
Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, lemongrass, chilli, ginger and garlic for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the pork and cook for 4-5 minutes, until cooked through.
Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the beans, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the beans are just tender. Stir in half the basil. Serve on rice noodles, topped with the remaining basil.
We used Trident curry paste. Thai basil is from Asian food shops.
Author: Valli Little
Image credit: Brett Stevens