- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup Thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 small butter lettuce, leaves separated, torn
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Using a small, sharp knife, cut 3 deep slits in each drumstick.
- Step 2Place curry paste, coconut, sugar and 1 tablespoon cold water in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add chicken. Season with salt. Stir to coat.
- Step 3Place chicken, in a single layer, in a ceramic baking dish. Bake for 50 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Step 4Combine lettuce, cucumber, sprouts and lime juice in a large bowl. Serve chicken with lettuce mixture and lime wedges.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Kim’s freezer tips:
Raw: Buy drumsticks in bulk. Place, in a single layer, in large snap-lock bags. Squeeze bags to remove excess air. Seal and freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw in fridge overnight.
Marinated: Thai green curry drumsticks: Complete Thai drumsticks to end of step 2. Place, in a single layer, in large snap-lock bags. Squeeze bags to remove excess air. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight. Complete recipe.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas