- 175g thin rice noodles
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 200g snow peas or green beans
- 4 spring onions, shredded
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups Thai basil leaves
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 1 barbecued chicken, skin and bones discarded, meat shredded
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons grated palm sugar (see note)
- 100ml fish sauce
- 2 long red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Step 1Soak the rice noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes to soften. Drain, refresh in cold water, then place in a large bowl. Blanch asparagus and snow peas in boiling water for 2 minutes until just tender.
- Step 2Drain, refresh in cold water, then add to the bowl of noodles with the spring onions, cherry tomatoes, herbs and chicken. Combine lime juice and sugar in a separate bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Stir in fish sauce and chilli, then drizzle over salad, toss to combine, and serve garnished with chopped peanuts.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Lower gi
From Asian food shops and selected supermarkets.
- Author: Valli Little, Food director – delicious.
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste.com.au