- 200g dried rice noodles
- 350g lean beef stir-fry strips
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves (see note)
- Step 1Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Drain well, then set aside.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place beef and 1 tablespoon chilli sauce in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Step 3Heat oil in a wok or large frypan over high heat. In 2 batches, stir-fry beef, garlic and ginger for 1 minute or until beef is browned. Remove from the pan, then set aside.
- Step 4Wipe the pan clean, then return to medium-high heat. Add snow peas, spring onion and 2 tablespoons water and stir-fry for 1 minute or until peas are just tender. Return beef mixture to pan with any juices.
- Step 5Add the noodles, fish sauce, lime juice and remaining sweet chilli sauce and stir-fry for a further 1 minute or until heated through. Stir in the basil leaves, then divide among bowls and serve.
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Thai basil is available from Asian food shops and selected greengrocers. Substitute regular basil.
- Author: Louise Pickford
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au