Thai BBQ prawnsPrint Recipe
- 1kg raw banana prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 bunches pak choy, halved lengthways
- 2 bunches gai lan (Chinese broccoli)
- 1/2 ripe pineapple, peeled, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 teaspoons gluten-free fish sauce
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 long fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- Steamed rice, to serve
Preheat a barbecue flat plate or large frying pan on high. Place prawns, oil and ginger in a bowl. Toss to coat. Dip pak choy and gai lan in a bowl of water, then cook on barbecue (see Note) for 1-2 mins or until lightly charred and just tender. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil.
Cook prawn mixture on barbecue for 1 min. Add pineapple. Cook for 1 min or until prawns change colour. Add lime juice and fish sauce. Toss to coat. Transfer to a platter. Add the mint, onion and chilli and toss to combine. Serve with the vegetables and rice.
The water helps the vegies cook quickly on the barbecue, but be careful of the steam.
Image credit: (N/A)