- 2 cups dried pasta curls
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 1 medium red capsicum, diced
- 1 medium green capsicum, diced
- 200g grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place corn on a microwave-safe plate. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave on high (100%) for 4 minutes or until corn is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Carefully cut kernels from cob.
- Step 3Place pasta, corn, capsicum, tomato, onion, avocado and coriander in a large bowl. Place lime juice, oil and Tabasco in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake well to combine. Drizzle over salad. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.
- Diabetes friendly
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas