- 2 tablespoons Patak's Tandoori Curry Paste (see note)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 single chicken breast fillets cut diagonally into 3cm-thick pieces
- 1 green coral lettuce, leaves separated
- 180g (2/3 cup) natural yoghurt
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Step 1Combine the curry paste and half the oil in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Step 2Meanwhile, to make the salsa, place the tomato, avocado, cucumber and coriander in a small bowl and toss to combine.
- Step 3Brush a barbecue grill or chargrill with the remaining oil. Heat the grill on medium. Cook the chicken on grill for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Step 4Divide the chicken and lettuce among serving plates. Top with tomato mixture. Serve with the yoghurt and lime wedges.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Budget tip: To save money, replace the chicken breast fillets with 8 thigh fillets. Patak’s curry pastes are gluten free – if you use a different curry paste and want this to be gluten free, check the label. If Patak’s Tandoori Curry Paste is unavailable, use mild korma curry paste.
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste