This amazing Indian-style dinner is made in only 15 minutes using tandoori chicken, rice, cherry tomato, coriander and pappadums. A family-pleasing weeknight winner.
- 2253 kj Energy
- 21g Fat Total
- 8.3g Saturated Fat
- 3.8gn Fibre
- 35.7g Protein
- 126mg Cholesterol
- 670mg Sodium
- 48.9g Carbs (total)
All nutrition values are per serve
Tandoori chicken rice saladPrint Recipe
- 6 (650g) tandoori marinated chicken skewers
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 450g packet basmati microwave rice
- 1 cucumber, quartered lengthways, thickly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 x 75g bag 'ready to eat' plain mini pappadums
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped,
- 1/3 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Step 1Heat an oiled barbecue hotplate and chargrill on medium heat. Cook chicken skewers on chargrill, turning, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Cook onion on hotplate, tossing, for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook rice following packet directions. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl.
- Step 3Remove chicken from skewers. Add cucumber, tomato, onion, chicken, pappadums and 1/2 the coriander to rice. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Step 4Combine yoghurt, lemon juice and remaining coriander in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Serve salad with yoghurt dressing and extra coriander.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas
Leave a Reply