- 60ml (1/4 cup) mirin seasoning
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 bunch cavolo nero (Tuscan cabbage), de-stemmed, thinly sliced
- 4 (300g each) beef T-bone steaks
- 454g pkt frozen edamame beans, blanched, podded
- 250g sugar snap peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Step 1Whisk the mirin, miso, vinegar, oil, ginger and chilli flakes together in a bowl. Reserve 1 tbs dressing. Place cavolo nero in a large bowl. Drizzle with half the remaining dressing. Use your hands to toss and gently massage until just wilted and combined.
- Step 2Heat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Spray steak with olive oil. Season. Cook, turning, for 3-4 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Rest for 3 minutes.
- Step 3Add the edamame beans, peas, radish, remaining dressing and 1 1⁄2 tbs of the sesame seeds to the kale mixture and toss to combine. Divide the steak and salad among serving plates. Drizzle the steaks with the reserved dressing and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine