- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimenton) (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 x 220g swordfish steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- White corn chips (gluten-free), to serve
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 mango, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- Step 1For the guacamole, place avocado, mango, onion, garlic, chilli, coriander and lime juice in a bowl. Season with sea salt and pepper, then toss to combine. Set aside.
- Step 2Combine the spices with some salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Coat the fish in the spice mixture, then shake off excess.
- Step 3Heat the olive oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook fish, in batches if necessary, for 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned but still pink in the middle.
- Step 4Serve the swordfish with the mango guacamole and corn chips on the side.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Smoked paprika (pimenton) is available from delis and gourmet food shops.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: Taste.com.au