- 4 (about 150g each) single chicken breast fillets, excess fat trimmed
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 340g (2 cups) bought tabouli
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Cut a deep horizontal slit into each chicken breast to make a pocket. Divide cheese among pockets. Secure with a toothpick.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 1-2 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to prepared tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 3Combine the tabouli and chickpeas.
- Step 4Divide the tabouli mixture and chicken among serving plates.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Swap it: For a different flavour, swap the Swiss cheese for 150g ricotta or blue cheese.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste