- 2 Royal Gala apples, quartered, cored
- 1kg pork rashers, cut into 3cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 270g sweet & sour sauce
- 2 x 450g pkts egg fried rice in 2 1/2 minutes
- Step 1Cut each apple quarter in half lengthways then in half crossways.
- Step 2Thread apple and pork alternately onto 8 metal skewers. Preheat a chargrill on medium-high. Spray with oil. Brush skewers with half the sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat the rice following packet directions.
- Step 4Divide the rice among serving plates. Top with the skewers and serve with the remaining sauce.
- Low carb
Swap it: For even sweeter kebabs, replace the apple with fresh pineapple pieces or dried apricots.
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste