- 60ml (1/4 cup) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 300g pkt firm tofu, cut into triangles
- 4 white corn tortillas
- 1/2 wombok (Chinese cabbage), shredded
- 25g (1/4 cup) flaked almonds, toasted
- 3 green shallots, trimmed, sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- Long fresh green chilli, thinly sliced, to serve (optional)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Step 1Combine the chilli sauce, honey and soy sauce in a glass or ceramic dish. Add tofu and stir to coat. Cover and place in the fridge, turning occasionally, for 4 hours or overnight, to marinate.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Pour tofu and marinade onto prepared tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place the tortillas on a separate tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp. Break tortillas into pieces.
- Step 4For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Combine the tortillas, cabbage, almonds, shallots, coriander and chilli, if using, in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Serve topped with tofu.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Al Richardson
- Publication: Taste Magazine