- 8 (about 1kg) chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1/2 cup (125ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles
- 100g snow peas, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped mint
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Use a small, sharp knife to cut 2 slits, about 1cm deep, on each side of the drumsticks. Place in a roasting pan. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and 1/3 cup (80ml) of the sweet chilli sauce in a bowl. Drizzle over the chicken and turn to coat. Bake, turning occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and caramelised. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place noodles and snow peas in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water; set aside for 5 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Add the carrot, mint, coriander and remaining chilli sauce; toss to combine. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Step 3Divide noodle salad among serving plates and top with chicken to serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Scott Hawkins
- Publication: Notebook: