- 8 (about 600g) chicken thigh fillets
- 1 red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 carrot
- 100g snow peas
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 bunch baby buk choy
- 60ml (1/4 cup) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine 8 (about 600g) chicken thigh fillets, coarsely chopped, 1 red onion, cut into thick wedges and 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger in a medium bowl. Heat 1 teaspoon peanut oil in a wok over high heat until smoking. Add one-third of the chicken mixture and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining chicken.
- Step 2Heat 1 teaspoon peanut oil in a wok. Add 1 carrot, peeled, thinly sliced diagonally, 100g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally, and 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just tender.
- Step 3Return the chicken mixture to the wok with 1 bunch baby buk choy, coarsely shredded, 60ml (1/4 cup) sweet chilli sauce and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves and serve immediately with steamed rice.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste