- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750g diced gravy beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 405ml can apricot nectar
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 x 500g packet dried fruit salad
- Step 1Heat oil in a large, heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned.
- Step 2Return beef to dish. Add seasoning and flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add apricot nectar and 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Step 3Stir in chickpeas and dried fruit. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until beef is tender. Serve.
This would also be delicious with chicken pieces or thighs.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas