- 1/4 cup Alfa One rice bran oil
- 500g chicken tenderloins, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 medium red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, peeled, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, chopped
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 250g jar sweet and sour stir-fry sauce
- 1 cup beansprouts, trimmed
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Swirl to coat. Add half the chicken. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining chicken.
- Step 2Heat remaining oil in wok. Stir-fry onion for 2 minutes or until just softened. Add carrot and pineapple. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Return chicken to wok. Add tomato and sauce. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add beansprouts. Toss to combine. Serve with rice.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Super saver: Use chicken breast fillets, diced, instead of tenderloins and save around $1.16 in total.
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas