- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, grated
- 500g lean beef mince
- 750ml bottle passata sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 375g packet fresh lasagne sheets
- Grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, zucchini and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Step 2Stir in sauce and paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Stir in basil.
- Step 3Place 1 lasagna sheet on a large chopping board. Using a pizza or ravioli cutter, cut pasta into 3cm-wide ribbons. Repeat with remaining lasagne sheets.
- Step 4Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Step 5Divide pasta between bowls. Top with sauce. Serve with cheese.
Cooking class: Pasta cutting: Using a pizza or ravioli cutter, carefully cut pasta sheets into 3cm-wide ribbons.
Tip: You could use fresh fettuccine pasta instead of pasta sheets.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas