- 3 fresh lasagne sheets (Latina brand)
- 1 large eggplant, thinly sliced crossways
- 3 green zucchini, ends trimmed, thinly sliced crossways
- 2 orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, thinly sliced crossways
- 4 red capsicums, quartered, deseeded
- 200g reduced-fat ricotta
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Cook the lasagne sheets, 1 at a time, in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Step 2Heat a chargrill over medium heat. Add one-third of the eggplant and one-third of the zucchini and cook for 2 minutes each side or until tender. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining eggplant and zucchini.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook the sweet potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain well and set aside to cool.
- Step 4Preheat grill on high. Place capsicum, skin-side up, on a baking tray and cook under grill for 10 minutes or until charred and blistered. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and set aside for 10 minutes (this helps lift the skin). Peel skin from capsicum.
- Step 5Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place 1 lasagne sheet on prepared tray and spread with half the ricotta. Top with half the eggplant, zucchini, sweet potato and capsicum. Sprinkle with half the basil. Repeat with another lasagne sheet and the remaining ricotta, eggplant, zucchini, sweet potato, capsicum and basil. Top with the remaining lasagne sheet.
- Step 6Combine the vinegar and oil in a small bowl. Cut lasagne into 4 even portions. Use an egg lifter to transfer lasagne to serving plates. Drizzle with vinegar mixture and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately with mixed salad leaves.
- Diabetes friendly
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jan Purser & Emma Braz
- Image credit: Luke Burgess
- Publication: Australian Good Taste