We think this classic dessert is a trifle wicked, but you be the judge!
- 85g packet orange jelly crystals
- 85g packet mango jelly crystals
- 2 cups boiling water
- 300g jam roll, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 400g can peach slices in natural juice, drained
- 2 cups thick vanilla custard
- 425g can sliced mango in natural juice, drained, sliced
- 600ml thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar mixture
- Toasted flaked almonds, to serve
- Step 1Place orange jelly crystals and mango jelly crystals in separate heatproof bowls. Divide boiling water between bowls. Stir to dissolve. Add 200ml cold water to each mixture. Stir each mixture to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour 30 minutes or until just set (it should be thick and syrupy).
- Step 2Arrange jam roll over base of a 10 cupcapacity serving bowl. Drizzle with orange juice. Spoon over orange jelly. Top with peach, then custard. Spoon over mango jelly. Top with mango.
- Step 3Using an electric mixer, beat cream and icing sugar together until stiff peaks form. Spoon over mango. Cover. Refrigerate overnight. Top with almonds. Serve.
- High protein
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
Super saver: By using canned mango instead of fresh, we’ve saved you around $4.27 in total.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas
Leave a Reply